THE SHORT CINEMA: SHOW & TELL – Screening
May 27 @ 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Starting in 2021 the “Short Cinema” festival is moving to a quarterly (3 month) schedule of film screenings. This is an exciting opportunity for all local filmmakers and will allow the Leicester Filmmakers’ Hub to operate on a 3 month quarterly production schedule.
Details are below and can also be found at the Phoenix website: phoenix.org.uk/event/the-short-cinema-show-tell/
The Short Cinema – Show and Tell is a new event where local filmmakers can get their work seen on the big (virtual) screen by an audience of film lovers and fellow filmmakers.
Hosted by Phoenix and The Short Cinema, the event is an opportunity for the local filmmaking community to come together, share their work and talk about it in a friendly and open environment.
Filmmakers are now invited to submit short films to be shown at our inaugural event. The deadline for submissions is midnight on Wed 13 May. There’s no fee to submit your film and the event is free to attend.
We’re open to filmmakers of any experience level, and we’re aiming to show an exciting mix of local talent working in any style or genre.
The first event will be held virtually, however we plan to run the event on a quarterly basis and return to the big screen at Phoenix as soon as it’s possible to do so.
- This event is primarily aimed at filmmakers living or working in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, but we also accept submissions from the wider East Midlands
- Films must be no longer than 15 minutes. We’re open to narrative and documentary film and animation. We welcome any style, but if you’re working in a more experimental way you might be interested in our screen_share event
- Participants are strongly encouraged to attend the event and introduce their film
- Please complete this form to submit your film. We’ll ask you to transfer the film file or send us a streaming link
- Films will be selected by a panel including film programmers from The Short Cinema and Phoenix
- There is an 18+ age limit on participation in this event
- All participants must abide by our code of conduct