BFI Short Film Funding – Applications
April 26, 2021 - June 7, 2021
BFI is opening their Spring 2021 applications for their short film funding programme. Applications can be made over a period of 6 weeks with eligibility criteria and further details available here: https://network.bfi.org.uk/funding-available
A brief overview has been provided below:
This fund supports the production costs of fiction shorts, in both live action and animation. We want to support short films that respond to our core objectives, which are to support:
- The early careers of ambitious filmmakers;
- Filmmaking that takes risks on talent, form and content;
- Work that recognises the quality of difference – in perspective, in talent, in recruitment;
- Work with cultural relevance or progressive ideas;
- Work from filmmakers based throughout the nation, not just in traditional industry centres.
We support standalone short films and this can include projects that have the potential, further down the line, to be developed into other forms or formats (e.g. a feature film, content in serial form). The fund is intended to stimulate new ideas and stories, so it doesn’t support adaptations of existing material. We welcome applications for amounts throughout the available budget range up to a maximum of £15,000. We are seeking applications for films of any length up to a maximum of 15 minutes.